Southern Elle Style Shop Share: Brideside
Honestly, one of the toughest things in regard to your wedding, is picking your bridesmaids, without hurting feelings...or at least it was for me. Getting dresses for them shouldn't be even harder! (Find out how I asked my bridal party here + tips for choosing, as well)
Let's be real...there are a million and two places you can buy bridesmaid dresses from; however, that doesn't mean you should. Today, I'm teaming up with Brideside, to let you in on what sets them apart + why you should buy your bridesmaid dresses from them, instead of another company.
First off, I am actually using Brideside for my wedding! My bridesmaid, house party, and flower girl dresses, are all coming from them. I am personally working with them, so I can give you all the real life scoop possible.
Side note- I have been in several weddings, so I have done my fair share of shopping and gotten my dress from a myriad of retailers. One (that will remain un-named) called me the day before the wedding to tell me they had my dress and it was ready for pick up. Then proceeded to call me a year after, to tell me they had it. I think they gave me a dress that wasn't altered, and accidentally kept my hemmed one, which made them think they still had it? Not sure. Needless to say, I had my dress for that wedding. Another time, I was being measured for a dress (at a different place) and was asked what my size usually was. I said a 4, and was about to say "but a 6, if it is tight around the hips; however, before I could, the seamstress said "That's not right. Have you looked in the mirror? You have hips!". To give just one more example of what can go wrong, my sweet fiance was in a wedding last summer. He was given a link to buy his trousers and vest and just bought the color that came up...long story short, it wasn't the right color and we didn't find out until the day of the wedding. Luckily, we were able to find the right color at a nearby store, in the middle of nowhere.
Needless to say, there are a multitude of things that can go awry on your wedding day. Your bridesmaid dresses shouldn't be one of them. So, below are my top 5 reasons for choosing Brideside as my dress supplier:
1) Customer Service. This is the number one thing on the list, for a reason. The great service and attention to detail, was the first thing that stood out to me, especially comparing to other companies I have worked with. You are given a stylist, who is responsible for helping you along the way. Not only do they help you with your account, but they also help individually with your bridal party!
2) Time Efficient. If you want to try on dresses for size or even just color, you can order a box of up to 3 dresses, for only $10! (any additional dress will be $10 per piece) This was huge for me, because sometimes numbers on a size scale just doesn't cut it. Additionally, a dress may fit, but not be the best silhouette for you and you only find out, when you try it on. Not only can you try it on without being in a store, but you can have your box sent to wherever you plan on squeezing time in. Whether that's a hotel, your office, or the comfort of your friend's apartment, just stick the pre-paid shipping label on the front, when you're done and ship it back to Brideside. Inside the box, you also get a tape measure for sizing, color swatches, and a personalized note. Now, if you're in Chicago, you're in for a treat. Brideside is based in Chicago and you are able to schedule appointments there, if you want, 7 days a week! To sign up for an appointment, click here.
3) Hassle Free. In the workplace, a major part of my job is to make sure deadlines are met and people are working alongside timelines. I am very much timeline oriented in real life, as well. While I like getting things done, I don't like being bad cop. In regard to bridesmaid dresses, Brideside plays bad cop for you! Once you create an account, you can add all of your bridal party members' information and your stylist will reach out to your girls and make sure they order the right dress and that they order it on time. You, nor your MOH, have to even break a sweat over it! After all, the only sweat that should be occurring is from working on your #weddingbod.
4) Overall Ease. Brideside's Website is just phenomenal. You can search via a traditional search box, but also by color, designer, and even neckline. I knew I wanted my bridesmaids in a sweetheart neckline, so I chose that and didn't have to pilfer through any other style. Once you find a dress you like, you can "save it" to your profile, so your bridal party can view it. If you are having trouble deciding, you can save all of your favorites, so they can help you decide! After all, sending a link to someone is so last year;)
5) Available Products. Brideside carries most major dress designers, so you know you'll find something you like, and with the quality you desire. They also have exclusive and house designs, if you're wanting something a little different, but still dazzling. My current favorite exclusive, is their Altar Ego Collection. It's a cocktail dress, that has an option of a maxi skirt, to make it long, or to wear alone...a 3 in 1! Another good thing to note, is that they take less time to make your dress, than other companies, so if you do happen to be in a bind, this is a MAJOR reason to consider them. Once your dress is ordered, it goes to production and usually takes 6-8 weeks. Besides off the rack options, what other place do you know that can make you a dress in a month and a half? Brideside for the win!
So what do you think? Sounds like you want to hit the "easy button", right? If you're already married, did you have any bridesmaid dress struggles? If you're not married yet, could you see yourself using this service? Honestly, with the technology era booming, I can only see this getting more popular!
As always, if you know a brand that fits my style or are a company that would like to work with me, contact me here! If you want to catch up on the previous weeks' features, check out my Southern Elle Style Shop Share Pinterest Board here, with direct links to the posts.
P.S. I am documenting my entire wedding process, here on Southern Elle Style. My most popular posts besides How I asked my Bridesmaids, are how my fiance asked me to marry him, and 5 things not to say to a newly engaged person ; however, you can check out all of my wedding related posts, via the wedding tab at the top of my page or by clicking here. I also have a "My Wedding" Pinterest Board set up as well. Follow my Pinterest account here, or just my "My Wedding" board by clicking.
Also, it's been a while since I have given you my vendor list update, so here it is:
Venue: The Castle
Photographer: Heidi Lockhart Somes
Makeup Artist and Hairdresser: Grand Slam Glam
Cakes: Annie's Culinary Creations
DJ: Trey Rentzel
Shoes: Tory Burch
Save the Dates + Invitations: Minted
Florist: Lizzie Bee's Flower Shoppe
Website: Riley and Grey
Pre-Marital Counseling: Merge by Watermark Church Dallas
Caterer: Culinary Art Catering
Bridesmaid Dresses: Brideside
*I am receiving a media rate on dresses. All opinions are 100% my own.
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe and receive every post in your inbox!