LMents of Style uses affiliate links. By clicking on certain hyperlinks and buying a product, you may help me make a small commission from your purchase. It's links like these that keep this site going. Thank you for your support!
The best month of the year is hereeeee! I’m super biased, because it is my birthday month though. I love August, because it is still the happiness of summer, but we are on the cusp of fall and that makes me giddy. Cooler weather, football season, chunky sweaters. The whole 9 yards! Or should I say 100 yards, because… football? Hah! Nick and I leave for San Francisco, this coming Saturday. I’m going to get some fall weather for my bday, because SF is COLD. The first time I went as an adult was in the month of July and I was very surprised how not hot it was. I didn’t pack well, which caused me to write this post on what to wear in San Francisco. It is one of my most popular posts and I know why… because the question is such a mystery, as you can’t rely on normal seasons to aid your decisions. It’s August and you better believe I’m packing my leather moto jacket! Anyway, these are some of the things I have been loving as of late. Enjoy! Oh and of course let me know if there’s anything you’re obsessed with! All of the images click through to their link, except for #7, which is hyperlinked below, along with the rest of them!
1) Wake up Light Alarm Clock. I bought this on Prime Day and I love it so far! I’ve only fallen back asleep after turning it off once, and I fully blame going to be late vs the alarm not working. I sleep on my face most of the time, so I don’t see the “sun” imitation a lot, but I do wake up to the birds! It isn’t jolting and actually wakes me up. Before this, I would set about 10 phone alarms and never turn them off. This is a lot better and Nick appreciates it too!
2) Oi Tampons (c/o). Do you know what is actually in your feminine care products? I shared this post on organic tampons the other day and it is a must read if you missed it! These Oi tampons are budget friendly, clean, and great for pool bags and travel! I have the biocompact applicators and they take up less space!
3) Madewell Parkhouse Pullover Sweater. This is such a good basic! I love the cream hue, which is great for spring, summer, and those winter whites! In the fall, pair it with a merlot or forest color and it will be perfection! This sweater is loosely knit, so it is breathable during the warmer months and is pretty much season-less!
4) Grapefruit Topo Chico. I know I’m late to the party, but I’m obsessed with grapefruit Topo Chico! I love plain water, so I was surprised with how much I enjoy these. I don’t really like plain sparkling water or really sweet canned versions, but these are great! The perfect afternoon pick me up.
5) Senreve Envelope Clutch (c/o). I first shared the Senreve brand with you here. I had my eye on the envelope clutch because it is so classic and it is even more beautiful in person! I love that I can carry it to dinner, but I can also use it as a laptop case. More to come about this bag, as I plan on featuring it in August! Oh and use code ELLEMULENOS for a FREE bracelet pouch with any purchase over $300! Just add it to the cart and use the code!
6) Frame Le High Flares. I bought these from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, and they are so good! I have a pair of black flares that I wear all the time, but I didn’t have a modern pair of denim flares yet. My sales associate at Nordstrom picked them out for me and he did great! I did size down in these, as they are very stretchy though.
7) Primally Pure Clarifying Serum (c/o). Y’all know I love my some Primally Pure and this serum is no exception! I wear it like an oil and put it on last. It has helped soothe my recent break outs and I love the ritual of it. Try it for 10% off w/code ELLEMULENOS. When I’ve tried it for longer than a month, I’ll share a better review of it on the blog.
8) Daily Ritual Maxi Dress. This is an Amazon STEAL. I love this brand’s t-shirts, so this dress came as a no brainer. It is great for travel, as a swim coverup, or just to hang around town in. I most recently shared it on Instagram here. Amazon Fashion’s account actually shared it on their stories as well!
9) Madewell The Perfect Vintage Jeans. This was another buy at the NSale! Madewell jeans were first featured on the sale last year, so I knew if they were included again, they’d go fast. These jeans are a little different from other Madewell styles in the sense that they isn’t as much stretch as normal pairs. I still wear the same size (28), but wanted to point that out. I love how high waisted they are and the wider, raw hem.
10) Vince Heath Sandals. The last Nordstrom sale piece that I’m sharing today! I actually featured them on the blog yesterday. My “splurge” piece, but I love them and how they pretty much go with everything.
YOUR FAVORITE PURCHASES
1) Summersalt Sidestroke (second month in a row!)
SHOWS I’M WATCHING RN
Grace and Frankie
Younger Season 6
Queen of the South
Suits Season 9
Queer Eye Season 3
WHAT I’M EYEING
WHAT I JUST BOUGHT
WHAT I READ
Click here to subscribe to my weekly newsletter. I recap the week and share recent posts you might have missed!