Summer Skincare Routine
LMents of Style uses affiliate links. By clicking on certain hyperlinks and buying a product, you may help me make a small commission off your purchase. It's links like these that keep this site going. Thank you for your support!
Summaaaatime and the livin's eassssy. Welcome, sunshine! Summer is here and that means longer and happier days. It may be good for you, but how is your skin taking the change? During the new season, your skin will for suuuuure be affected. How will you take care of it?
The hot months are culprits for oiler skin, increased chance of breakouts, dryness, and oh by the way, no matter how much water you drink, your skin could still be dehydrated! That was news to me. For some reason I thought if I guzzled enough water, my skin would be safe. It's not! These are just few things that can occur the summer.
SO, what can you do to help your skin out? Remember, I am not a doctor, but this is what has worked for me! Annnnd everything here is cruelty-free and on the nontoxic end of the spectrum.
- Hydrating Serum: This will help hydrate your skin AND keep it hydrated.
- Gel Moisturizer and/or Lightweight Moisturizer: Those heavy creams can clog your pores and are just something you don't need in the summer. These will not only leave your face feeling lighter, but hydrated as well.
- Oil Fighting Face Mask: You'll probably get a breakout or two, so minimize that by masking regularly!
- Sunscreen: DUH. Well, you really need to wear sunscreen year-round, but for sure make sure you're lathering up in the summertime and/or with increased sun exposure.
HERE'S MY SKINCARE ROUTINE, EDITED FOR SUMMER:
- Cleanser: I've been using One Love Organics Easy Does It foaming facial cleanser for several months now and I'm HOOKED. It's good for all skin types and is gentle, yet effective.
- Toner: A toner is an unsung hero of the skincare regimen. I love Thayer's Witch Hazel Rose Petal Toner! It is alcohol free and budget friendly. If you don't use toner, you need to read this!
- Serum: I go back and forth between Juice Beauty Antioxidant Serum and Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum. I love them both and they have similar benefits!
- Moisturizer: I bought Osea Malibu Atmosphere Protection back in January, for a ski trip. It was great for the winter elements, but honestly it's good for ANY elements! It's so lightweight and hydrates.
- Sunscreen: I wear sunscreen daily and Biossance Squalane + Mineral SPF 45 is one of the best CF and nontoxic options! You have to kind of rub it in, but it blends once you do! To learn more about squalane, click here. You can also learn more about sunscreen, here!
- CC Cream: I use Juice Beauty Stem Cellular CC Cream as the base layer of my makeup! It has spf too!
- Cleansing Oil: One Love Organics Vitamin B Enzyme Cleansing Oil was the reason I found the OLO brand! I've been using it for almost 6 months now.
- Cleanser: Same one as the morning - One Love Organics Easy Does It foaming facial cleanser.
- Toner: Same one as the morning - Thayer's Witch Hazel Rose Petal Toner.
- Face Mask: I have several favorites (read more on my Which Face Mask to Use When, Cruelty-Free and Nontoxic Edition post), but right now the Osea Malibu White Algae Mask is my favorite for summer! It helps with excess oil and aids in anti-aging!
- TONE AGAIN (yes, just do it)
- Serum: This is where I incorporate my hydrating serum! I use Osea Malibu's Hyaluronic Sea Serum and it hydrates my skin so well! It's important to use a water based hydrating serum. Oils are great, but not the only thing you should be using.
- Oil: I have several oils that I love, but right now I can't get enough of Biossance Squalane Oil. It has helped my hormonal acne and hydrates well. To learn more about squalane, click here.
- Moisturizer: To further my squalane addiction, I use the Biossance Squalane + Probiotic Gel Moisturizer. This one is thicker than the moisturizer I mentioned above, but still light and great for overnight wear! I wear it during the day no problem, but prefer it at night.
Do you have anything specific you do for your skin in summer? Do share! I alternate masking, exfoliating, and scrubbing. The first night, I use my charcoal cleansing sponge. (also comes in pink clay version!) The second night , I use an exfoliater - I use One Love Organics Brand New Day, which can also be made into a mask! And I typically mask every 3rd day, so 2-3 times a week. See which mask I use when, here. If you get a lot of sun (which the summer is known for...), be careful with exfoliation and don't do it too much! Hope you're treating your skin well, today. You only get one set!
P.S. If you liked this post, you'll probably enjoy these:
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe and receive every post in your inbox!