My Top 7 Favorite Beaches
Wildfox Mermaid X Ray Tee (c/o Riffraff, also offered as a sweatshirt!) | One Teaspoon Bandits Shorts (c/o Riffraff) | American Eagle Lace-up Sandals (s/o, similar here) | Rayban Mirrored Aviators | OPI Kiss me on my Tulips Nail Polish | Kendra Scott Earrings
Spring Break has either occurred for you already or non-existent. Either way, that only means one thing: summer is coming! Vacation season is in full swing and while some claim that they are mountain people, I feel like everyone is beach person;) The warmth and sunshine, sipping fruity drinks...it's just the best!
I don't have any tropical trips planned for this summer (but Nick and I will be going somewhere beachy for our honeymoon, TBA), so I thought I'd reminisce over my favorite beach spots and give you a sense of wanderlust!
7) Galveston Island - Galveston Bay/Gulf of Mexico. No, not the best beach in the world, but I love it for a couple of reasons. It's a true Texas beach and proof that Texas really does have every kind of feature (and weather). It's also sentimental to me. I grew up going to that beach every summer, for the majority of my childhood. Sometimes, it's not where you go, but who you're with.
6) Florida - Miramar Beach, Rosemary Beach, Seaside Beach, Watercolor Beach. I mean, it's Florida, did you expect me to pick just one? They are all beautiful and fall into the same bracket, in my opinion. My sister was actually just at Miramar beach for her Spring Break, so that's why I listed that one first;) Honestly, I need to visit Florida again asap, now that I'm a little older and don't just associate it with Disney World. I remember the beaches, but not as well as I'd like to.
5) Coronado Beach - San Diego Bay/The Pacific Ocean. This one is more sentimental to Nick, than it is to me; however, we were just in San Diego with his family, for his birthday, last November, so I have to add it to the list! You can't beat sunny, Cali beaches, and this is one of the best.
4) Waianapanapa Beach - Keawaiki Bay/ The Pacific Ocean. If you followed my blog last summer, I actually mentioned this beach on my Maui Travel Guide. I listed it, because it's so unique! It is a "black sand" beach, made from volcanic ash. Located on the road to Hana, it isn't always a stop people make, but it is worth it.
3) Manuel Antonio Beach - The Pacific Ocean. This beach is also sentimental to me. The last time I was there, was when my immediate family, plus my mom's brother, and father were together. So, similar to my feelings about Galveston, but with a prettier view;) Costa Rica is an awesome place to visit, and I feel a lot of people forget to consider it as a vacation destination.
2) Lanikai Beach - The Pacific Ocean. Oahu is often given a bad name, as it is considered the tourist island, but if you make it out of the city, you leave all the hubbub! The north shore beaches are where it's at and I wish we would have been able to spend more time at Lanikai. Next time I go, I plan on taking a little boat, to the turtle island, not so far from the main shore! This is also a destination that I listed on my Oahu Travel Guide. Its blue clear waters, were definitely my most memorable, from the trip.
1) Andaman Coast. Phi Phi Island. This is by far my favorite water, that I have ever seen...I'm honestly afraid that no other beach will ever compare. To visit, you have to take a ferry. There are no cars on the island and it is filled with natural beauty. I honestly have no desire to ever scuba dive, because I feel like snorkeling here, checks that off of my list. The water is that clear. If you can find a way to make it here, GO. Start saving now.
Overrated Beaches: Now, any good beach is a friend of mine, so I don't have many I wouldn't recommend. Myrtle Beach was a disappointment to me - because I can't think of a better way to put it, the word trashy comes to mind. I think there are plenty of overrated beached in Mexico, and not in the way that they are bad, but they are very touristy. I'd suggest you visit Tulum or Isla Mujeres if you want more raw beauty, away from everyone. I'm not going to list an "overrated" Mexican beach, because, if you ask me to come to Cancun with you, I will;)
Beaches I haven't been to, but want to visit: Hilton Head Island - South Carolina, The Hamptons - New York, South Side Beach - Florida, Pink Sands Beach - Harbour Island, The Amalfi Coast - Italy, Santorini - Greece
Okay, friends. What beaches should I add to my list? I'm always up for a good suggestion!
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe and receive every post in your inbox!